“In honour of International Anti-Bullying Day, two schools came together to create a message about Acceptance and challenge others to use social media as a positive tool. Choreographed by Jheric Hizon, Directed by Anita Perel-Panar – A Star Studio Productions”:
- The next International STAND UP to Bullying Day is scheduled to take place Friday, February 25th, 2011.
- International STAND UP to Bullying Day is a special bi-annual event in which people across the world who have signed a special “pledge shirt” join together in wearing them to:
1) Send a loud, non-confrontational message of resistance to bullies
2) Identify themselves to victims as a source of support willing to help
3) Draw attention to the effects of bullying, and stimulate passive bystanders into action
- The stand is taken globally; with pledge shirts and services being made available to schools and workplaces in 25 different countries. All registration takes place online.
- Each participant must pledge themselves and their community members by signing their name to the back of a special pledge shirt. Participants are then notified before each STAND to make sure they wear it throughout the day during each event. Shirts can be ordered at any time and are the same for each event.
- Why pink?
The color of the STAND UP pledge shirts, is based on a campaign started by Travis Price and David Shepherd, two senior students who took a stand against a freshmen student being bullied for wearing a pink shirt. This act of leadership provides a great example for those who are “on the fence” about displaying their own personal stance against bullying.
- More info!